Thursday, April 8, 2010
SMART NURSERY DESIGN
We love finding a nursery that showcases not only beautiful, modern products but more importantly smart spending! This nursery looks like a million bucks but it represents two things we love: design on a budget and spending where it counts.
Let's break it down:
1. The Leander crib ($1699) is the only big ticket spend in the room and it's a smart choice. It's the focal point of the room and every other piece of decor revolves around this sculptural crib. Even smarter - the Leander configures 5 ways starting as a crib for newborns, then a small bed for toddlers and finally a junior bed for kids up to age 9 - all in one purchase!
2. This Blik Wall Decal ($60) adds drama and interest to the room - it is the pivotal piece of decor that really makes this room unique. The contrast of the edgy wall decal with the elegant crib is genius!
3. This Hybrid-Home kitty print ($42) is a striking punch of colour and contrasts so well with the dark wood of the crib and the black decals.
4. Can you believe this shelving system is Ikea? These three glass door shelving units cost around $275! Add your own custom graphics and it becomes high style.
5. Ikea makes another appearance with these 2 Klippan foot stools - $60 each. The red is a striking impact of colour that adds some fun and playfulness to the room.
6. Playsam wooden transport toys ($51/$55) are the perfect accessory for this nursery! These refined toys are collectible keepsakes that look great as decor but they are designed for play!
7. Flensted's wisest owl mobile ($45) is the perfect finishing element to the room. It's fun, graphic and ties all the colours of the room together.
Each item in this room was chosen for it's beauty and form but even more importantly - for it's function, usefulness and flexibility. Inspired yet?